David Gormley has been released by the club in order to sign for amateur side Nico’s of the Strathclyde Saturday Morning League. He has battled injury all season and despite that, fired in five goals for the club since August. All at Newlandsfield wish him all the best for the future.
The Pollok FC website and official matchday programme seeks a keen and reliable match reporter to cover games. The ideal candidate will be able to attend the vast majority of Lok games, home and away, have a firm and confident grasp of written English (spelling, punctuation and grammar) and be able to submit written copy via email within a reasonable timeframe. This is a voluntary position but does offer a platform to showcase your work.
Please submit any expressions of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aaron Millar’s loan from Clyde has now expired, and the forward has now returned to Broadwood. Having initially made his debut at Newlandsfield vs. Rob Roy back in August, he found game time difficult to come by at Pollok and has now been loaned out to Arthurlie by the Bully Wee. Best of luck for the future, Aaron.
Pollok FC are delighted to announce the arrival of Scott Anson to Newlandsfield on a deal until June 2020.
The striker will be familiar to many Lok fans having featured at Petershill, Neilston, Shettleston and most recently at Cumnock where he scored against Pollok in the Scottish Cup earlier this season. He started his career at Hamilton Accies where he worked alongside Lok gaffer Murdie MacKinnon;
Scott and I go way back to our days at Hamilton Accies. He will add much needed competition in the forward areas and brings a threat in the air. Scott is a proven goal scorer at Premier League level with 16 goals this season alone.
Scott has also played for Kilmarnock, Annan, Montrose and Bo’ness.
Happy New Year and welcome to Newlandsfield, Scott!
Read more about Scott here
News has reached the Pollok FC website of the passing of supporter and travel club secretary Robert ‘Bob’ Howden, following a long battle with Parkinson’s Disease. He regularly attended matches throughout the 1980s, 1990s and early 2000s until his artritis prevented him from doing so. For those wishing to attend, his funeral is on Friday 4th January at the Linn Crematorium, at 10am.
Note from the secretary: the scheduled committee meeting for 19th December has been cancelled.
It is with sadness that the website reports the death of long-time supporter Jim Geddes aged 77. His funeral is this Friday (21st) at Dreghorn Crematorium.
Congratulations to Tom Gilliand who scooped the top prize of £250!
1. £250 – Tom Gilliland
2. Matchday Hospitality Package – D.McGrotty
3. £50 Wine Voucher – J.Richardson
4. Christmas Hamper – Aimee Lothian
5. Nespresso Coffee Maker – Franny McNeill
6. Wine & Chocolates – William Young
7. Bottle of Prosecco – May Cunnion
8. Bottle of Pimms – Tommy Walker
9. Bottle of Red Wine – Brendan c/o Archie MacDougall
10. Car Care Kit – Robert Mellon
11. Bottle of Jim Beam Bourbon – Craig Smith
12. Bottle of Morgan Spiced Rum – Ian Meikle
13. Bottle of Bells Whisky – Ian Pate
14. Bottle of Chardonnay – Steve c/o G.Milne
15. Bottle of Prosecco – B. Hosie
16. Bottle of White Wine – Eileen c/o G.Milne
17. Car Care Kit – Julie Thomson
18. Bottle of Red Wine – G.Hall c/o member No.76
19. Box of Assorted Biscuits – Phil Smith
20. Bottle of Red Wine – Rab Dunning
21. Box of Chocolates – W.Carlton
The match referee has called off today’s match due to high winds in Largs. The game will be rescheduled at a later date.
The latest batch arrived, looking great, yesterday morning. The certificates will be available to pick up at the next home game and the bricks will be added to the wall at the pavilion in the new year.
If anyone wants to order in the next batch, drop the club an email or send a message through Twitter or Facebook.